Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

election day


Election Day. Let's start with a basic principle; both candidates love America. Can we all agree? If you can't, then I think you need to check reality. They have to love America. They deal with so much crap, and they work very hard, and they could make a lot more money elsewhere. I give them that; at the very least. So, wherein lies the conflict? It is in what America means. Reps and Dems have different ideas of what America is and should be. And so we disagree, argue, and in general, conflict. And today it all comes to a head. We lay down our cards and seal our fate. Will it be doomsday or jubilee? I disagree with those who say that the outcome will affect every aspect of our daily lives. And I cannot side with those who say that they are completely unaffected. This I do know; I have influence on those in my family, among my friends, at my church, at work, in my community, as well as on my multitude of followers on twitter. And maybe, no matter who the victor is or isn't tonight, I will resolve to work daily to make the kind of America I believe in among those in my universe. A wise man once said, "Lift where you stand". If America is to rise, each of us must lift.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely true, my son. You continue to amaze me with your thoughtful insights.

    ReplyDelete