Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

sweet relief


    While doing the dishes and trying not to stress about a 5K dollar deal falling through, I asked myself, what is the point of being stressed? Is stress helping this situation? When I thought about it, the answer was no. Then I thought, if I really believe that God is going to bless me, then why would I stress about life? The Lord loves me and he wants what is best for me, so why worry? I just need to do my best and get better everyday. And even if I don’t, I know that I can; that tomorrow is a new day and a new opportunity to make a good decision in place of a bad one. So why stress? It does no good; it accomplishes nothing. So eliminate it. Take a deep breath and ask yourself, what can I do? Then do something, or don’t. Either way there are consequences and outcomes, some under your control and some not. But if you add in stress what do you get? NOTHING! Well that’s not true, you get stress and stress is worthless. DON’T STRESS! That sentence was a little stressful, here’s another shot at it. Don’t stress. Ahh…sweet relief. 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely my son! It is so dumb that we add to our problems by compounding them with stress. Stress/worry does none of us any good at all.

    ReplyDelete